Every year around this time, each of our publisher partners provides internal research with valuable data & tips that can shed some light on some of the forces and factors that might come into play during the all-important fourth quarter. This post is part of a Skai 2021 holidays series that shares these publisher insights to help you make any last-minute adjustments to your holiday shopping season advertising plans. Click the links within the content below to visit the publisher sources to get even more information.
Staying on top of changing consumer preferences and behaviors is key to engaging, messaging, and building relationships with customers. It’s even more important to know how consumers are thinking in Q4!
Well, here’s an early holiday gift from our partners at Roundel, who surveyed 7,200 Target guests to understand better how they celebrate, what is important to them, and how they think things are different this holiday season.
For more great insights, check out Roundel’s Insights page where they publish helpful thought leadership, insights reports, and more throughout the year.
Key takeaway #1: Compared to last year, the uncertainty in consumer sentiment is quickly decreasing
Consumers are adapting to the “new normal,” even if things aren’t yet back to where they were pre-pandemic.
- Only 18% of Target guests are unsure about how they will be celebrating the holidays this year. That’s compared to 29% who were unsure last year
- 7% report that they are unsure how COVID will impact their holiday plans this year vs. 11% in 2020.
Key takeaway #2: Consumers will be celebrating the holiday season much like they were last year
Consumers are trying to get back to some semblance of normalcy and many plan to spend time with their loved ones this holiday season.
- 43% say that they will be celebrating in small family groups vs. 29% last year
- 25% say they will be going to holiday parties
- 37% will be visiting family
Key takeaway #3: Shoppers are choosing more ways to make holiday purchases
Ecommerce has become a significant part of shoppers’ lives during the pandemic. Retailers like Target offer flexible ways to receive packages—and consumers are utilizing all of these new ways to buy.
- 90% reported using at least one of Target’s fulfillment services this year, including Target.com shipping, Pick up, Drive Up, or Shipt for their holiday shopping
- 74% anticipate using regular shipping from Target.com
- 50% say they will be using Pick-up
Survey respondents said they would be purchasing on average 61% of their gifts online vs. in the store in 2021. With more purchasing being done online, great product reviews are becoming an important sales driver for consumer goods brands.
What did people say were their favorite gifts?
- 47% of respondents said they would like to receive something useful or practical
- 46% said they would like gift cards
- Older guests prefer to receive donations to charities
- Younger guests prefer tech/gadgets
Power your Roundel/Target.com advertising with Skai Retail Media solutions
Skai’s expansive reach for retail media advertising enables brands and agencies to manage, optimize and automate campaign creation and execution across thousands of retailer and marketplace websites through a single platform.
Best-in-class campaign optimization: Optimization Targeted to Your KPIs
Drive performance & impact with Skai’s™ advanced optimization suite. Algorithmically optimize bids & budgets to make the most of your marketing investments.
Enterprise-grade Automation: Simplify Workflow, Automatically
Maximize productivity by automating repetitive tasks. Drive operational efficiency by streamlining time-consuming workflows. Do more in less time with Skai’s™ automation suite.
Actionable Insights: Make Data Work for You
Make the most of your data with Skai’s™ comprehensive analytics suite. Derive actionable insights & make informed strategic decisions.
For more information, visit the Skai Retail Media solutions page.
You can also reach out to schedule a quick demo to see all of these great features in action.