In the second installment of our “Gift of the Week” video series we dive deep into the opportunities and best practices for Pinterest holiday campaigns
Tis the season for social marketing—and our “Gift of the Week” video series! The first installment unwrapped three actions to take now for successful holiday social marketing campaigns all season. In this episode, we help you put a bow on your Pinterest holiday campaigns with some help from Amy Vener, Pinterest’s Retail Vertical Strategy Lead. She sat down with me for a great discussion on creative best practices, how to find your audience, timing for your campaigns, and a lot more.
In the video, Vener explains, “Pinterest shines in those planning moments that lead up to specific holidays, especially in the fourth quarter. On Pinterest, people are doing research and discovering new ideas up to two months sooner than on other digital platforms, so the strength of Pinterest is really about reaching a consumer who is open minded prior to making their decisions.”
She also shared some very useful and specific best practices for creating successful Pinterest holiday campaigns, including:
- Be clear about your goal
- Identify the targeting strategy that best meets your goal
- Choose the right ad format
- Study up on creative best practices for your chosen ad format
- Think about your bid type and what share of the opportunity you wish to capture
- Establish KPIs that align to your goal
- Analyze and optimize
- Make sure your organic presence on Pinterest is in top shape too
There’s a lot of detail behind these tips and we lay it all out for you in the video, which you can watch here.
In addition, our discussion also covers some of the top, actionable tips for great ad creative on Pinterest. You’ll learn:
- How adding your logo to your ad can impact your metrics
- How to optimize your imagery for the mobile experience (where approximately 80% of Pinterest usage happens)
- The kind of creative that drives 67% higher likelihood to convert in the store
Watch the video now to learn more about how to make your Pinterest holiday campaigns the success of the season. And stayed tuned for more in this series!