Phiture Uses Skai App Marketing To Drive Efficiencies For Its Clients’ Multi-channel App Campaigns
Phiture is a leading mobile growth consultancy working with the teams behind leading apps. Using its industry-acclaimed frameworks, the team provides cutting-edge solutions to Apple Search Ads and Google App Campaigns (GAC), as well as App Store Optimization and Customer Retention Management. For one particular client, they were chosen to run campaigns across Apple Search Ads and Google App Campaign channels and engaged Skai to help tackle the task.
Phiture was entrusted to manage two apps for the client with the aim to drive installs for both, in over 30 locales, using Google App Campaigns and Apple Search Ads. This presented a number of challenges:
- Both apps had their own, conservative, monthly budget assigned for each channel and country. Phiture needed a platform that would automate the monitoring of daily spending to ensure budgets were not being exceeded. Without Skai App Marketing, the team would have spent considerable time monitoring this manually.
- Due to contrasts in the native UI, Google App Campaigns and Apple Search Ads have very different reporting structures. This meant that standardizing reports across both channels to share with the client was extremely time-consuming for Phiture.
- Uploading videos to YouTube and editing assets in bulk for Google App Campaigns campaigns is time-consuming in the native platform.
- Optimization and analysis of multiple creative assets for Google App Campaigns can also be challenging since breakdowns for the country, campaign, and ad group are not available on the native UI.
- Phiture needed to be able to test the performance of a huge number of keywords at scale and across multiple locales and react quickly, adjusting bids based on what was performing well versus what was not.
Skai App Marketing supports both Google App Campaigns and Apple Search Ads campaigns, which made it a perfect companion for Phiture’s strategic aims. Using the platform, the team was able to:
- Carry out bulk actions such as changing bids, budgets, targeting, and creative revisions, at scale and for each channel
- Automatically manage daily and monthly budgets across channels and locales
- Use the YouTube Uploader for Google App Campaigns to auto-upload videos to YouTube directly from the ad creator, without leaving the platform
- Create fully customizable reports for Google App Campaigns Creative Assets with breakdowns per country, campaign, and ad group, as well as the asset preview
- Use Automatic Bid Optimization for Apple Search Ads to save time adjusting bids by setting a target CPA for the machine-learning algorithm to optimize towards
- Build a Custom Metric for “total installs” and standardize reporting in order to easily analyze cross-channel performance, per country, in one place
- Create Custom Reports and Pivots so that they don’t have to build the same reports each week/month.
With it’s cross-channel, fully-scalable capabilities, Skai App Marketing proved to be invaluable to Phiture’s campaign aims. The team estimates that the time saved from being able to manage Google App Campaigns and Apple Search Ads in one place and automating a lot of labor-heavy processes amounted to more than 10 hours per week. In addition, within the first month of using Skai App Marketing, Phiture increased the total number of installs across both channels by 16% combined and reduced the cost per download by 24%.
- Phiture was entrusted to manage two apps for a client with the aim to drive installs for both using Google App Campaigns and Apple Search Ads – this presented a number of challenges from budget management to differences in reporting structures.
- Skai Apps supports both Google App Campaigns and Apple Search Ads campaigns, which made it a perfect companion for Phiture’s strategic aims.
- 16% increase in total number of installs across Google App Campaigns & Apple Search Ads
- 24% decrease in cost per download across Across Google App Campaigns & Apple Search Ads
- +10 hours of manual labor saved per week
“If you’re an agency managing complex campaigns across Google App Campaigns and Apple Search Ads then Skai Apps is a no-brainer. The time saved and performance improvements we have experienced after working on the platform for just one month are significant!”
Andrea Raggi, Performance Marketing Lead - Phiture