Are you taking advantage of the powerful one-two punch of Amazon DSP Ads and Amazon Marketing Cloud?
As Amazon Marketing Cloud (AMC) continues to evolve, retail media marketers realize just how powerful it can be when paired with Amazon DSP (ADSP). This combination provides the scale, reach, and insights marketers have always wanted—especially when you add Skai’s added value on top!
Although still young, Amazon DSP is now a top programmatic platform
Demand-side platforms (DSP) help marketers access millions of digital advertising impressions from across the open web every second! However, today’s second-most-popular programmatic platform, Amazon DSP, is solely focused on inventory across its owned and operated pages such as Audible, Buy Office Mojo, Goodreads, IMDb, ShopBop, Twitch.tv, Amazon app, and Zappos.
The real benefit of this platform is that marketers can leverage Amazon’s powerful ad targeting capabilities based on the browsing, content consumption, and purchase signals of its massive logged-in audience.
Other well-known platforms such as The Trade Desk and MediaMath were early pioneers in the category with over a decade’s head-start on Amazon. The fact that it is now the industry’s second-largest DSP speaks volumes regarding its value.
Amazon Marketing Cloud delivers advanced insights
Amazon Marketing Cloud is a secure, cloud-based data clean room for advertisers to efficiently perform analytics across their Amazon Advertising events and their own data sets. AMC allows advertisers to learn the incremental value of each advertising campaign across the funnel and channels via highly granular, event-level Amazon data.
Amazon advertisers can integrate their own data sets to generate a more detailed picture of their customer journey, ad influence, and channel effectiveness. This holistic attribution supports cross-channel budget planning, campaign optimizations within channels, and incremental performance done right.
Amazon Marketing Cloud helps marketers with insights such as:
- Campaign deep-dive. Reach, frequency, and total impact across the marketing funnel.
- Media mix analysis. The incremental value and the effectiveness of different media combinations.
- Audience insights. Composition of ad-exposed audiences and the attributes of engaging audience groups.
- Journey assessment. Sequence, frequency, and types of audience interactions on the path to conversion.
- Custom attribution. Customization of how different touchpoints play a role in the total contribution of various media and campaigns.
- Omni-channel impact. How Amazon media campaigns drive engagement and sales on and off Amazon.
Amazon DSP and Amazon Marketing Cloud = better together
While Amazon DSP’s scale, reach, and targeting are incredible, the fact is that it’s a newer ad type that requires lots of spend, strategy, and measurement to ensure efficiency. This offers a bit of a challenge because display advertising can often be problematic to measure. The measurement of bottom-funnel sales and Return on Advertising Spend (ROAS) is somewhat reliable, but it becomes much more challenging to measure the top and middle of the funnel, where ADSP inventory plays the most significant role in the holistic Amazon media plan.
The bottom line is that Amazon advertisers need to work smarter with advanced strategy, efficiency, and incrementality to get ahead. Amazon Marketing Cloud offers this measurement piece to solve for Amazon incrementality to best leverage ADSP.
The kinds of challenging questions DSP + AMC can answer
AMC’s custom reporting beyond what’s currently available in Amazon DSP opens up analysis types that enable advanced insights. Some examples include:
- What is the true impact of your consideration and awareness DSP campaigns on lower-funnel segments?
- Do customers who made a conversion from a DSP purchase your product again, and whether they do it from your website, Amazon listing, or any other channel?
- How effective are your Amazon Ads combinations, and what works best for you?
- How do Amazon conversion rates change as shoppers are exposed to multiple ad types across our advertising channels?
- What is the ideal frequency cap by audience segment?
- How much of my audience was exposed to both DSP and Sponsored Products/Brands ads in which DSP didn’t receive any ROAS credit?
How Skai maximizes your Amazon DSP and Amazon Marketing Cloud synergy
While the insights offered by Amazon Marketing Cloud are next-level, accessing this dataset isn’t so straightforward. It requires a relatively strong knowledge of SQL and an API developer to build value on top of it.
This is where Skai plays an essential role for our Amazon Ads clients. Our AMC solution fetches SQL data and automatically parses the raw data and subquery results into easy-to-read visualizations. This structured data provides a better picture of how your media mix on Amazon DSP and other Amazon Ad formats tie together.
Amazon DSP and Amazon Marketing Cloud would better together in Skai
Not only does our solution present Amazon Marketing Cloud data in a format best suited for marketers, but it also allows for faster time to insight and a shorter time to action. This enables our clients to nimbly out-maneuver competitors and realizes true performance gains.
Skai’s solution provides:
- SQL support. Skai handles your queries and alleviates strain on SQL knowledge and resources.
- Turns raw data into structured data. Easy-to-read data visualization automated from raw AMC data means our clients can get to actionable insights quickly.
- Even more granular insights. Go beyond the AMC query results with subqueries in multiple visualizations and analyze it all in your custom Skai dashboard.
- Constant campaign optimization. Easily identify more details on the path to conversion and incremental ad value to determine where to put the next dollar.
The bottom line: Skai + AMC + DSP is your competitive advantage
The opportunity on Amazon is growing fast, but so is the competition. Some reports show that Amazon Ads CPCs are up 50% year-over-year!
Your advertising strategies need to evolve to stay on top. Amazon DSP can unlock incremental results for your brand but can be hard to measure—without proper measurement, optimization is elusive. Leveraging the Amazon Marketing Cloud, you will have the capability to map the true value of your efforts across the entire funnel. By testing and learning new ad types and marketing strategies, your efforts to achieve sustainable growth on Amazon should be rewarded with increased brand awareness and conversions.
And, with Skai by your side, you’ll have access to even more insights and workflow tools to make the ADSP + AMC combination even more powerful.
Skai takes your retail media programs to the next level
As part of Skai’s omnichannel marketing platform, our Retail Media solution empowers brands to plan, execute, and measure digital campaigns that meet consumers when and where they shop. Built with best-in-class automation and optimization capabilities, our unified platform allows you to manage campaigns on 30+ retailers including Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Instacart all in one place.
Client results include:
- 461% increase in Amazon Ads ROAS and 57% increase in page traffic for Bondi Sands
- 92% increase in share of voice on Amazon for a Fortune 500 CPG brand
- 72% increase in revenue for VTech
- 1,390% year-over-year sales growth for Kamado Joe
Schedule a quick demo today for more information or to see our cutting-edge Retail Media solution for yourself!