Prime Day is the biggest annual shopping event that doesn’t take place in Q4. Currently, there are more than 163 million Amazon Prime users in the U.S., and that number is expected to grow to over 180 million by 2026.
That means in just a few short years, around two out of every three Americans will belong to Prime!
And marketers follow the eyeballs. Today, one in every eight digital advertising dollars goes to Amazon Ads. That’s a lot of ads!
Surprisingly, in a Skai survey of 1,000 consumers, half reported that they don’t remember seeing ads in the Amazon search results in the last 30 days! While this is undoubtedly a bit mind-boggling given that almost every Amazon search has Sponsored Ads, the fact that they seamlessly coexist with the organic search makes sense, given that 60% of consumers don’t recognize paid search ads on Google.
One can imagine that because half of Amazon users don’t “see” the ads is probably a good thing for advertisers. However, at times, consumers can be somewhat skeptical of ads so if they think your Amazon ad is an organic search result, they may be more likely to read and click it.
Skai Survey: Consumer Attitudes Towards Amazon Ads
- Half don’t see ads: 47% of consumers reported not noticing the Amazon ads in search results.
- Most say they don’t click ads. Sixty-nine percent said that they don’t click Amazon ads—but given the fact that almost half don’t notice them, it’s probably much lower than that.
- Very few completely dislike the ads. When asked about their usefulness, only 11% labeled Amazon ads as Disruptive.
- 3 out of 4 don’t mind targeted ads. How do consumers feel about advertisers targeting them by the keywords they use to search or their purchase/buying behavior? Most thought it was okay.
- 25.5% answered It’s helpful. As long as they don’t know who I am, I am fine with being shown ads for products I might actually want.
- 45% answered It’s fine. I don’t have to click them, so let them advertise to me.
Learn more about Skai
Skai empowers the world’s leading brands and agencies across industries to manage omnichannel digital marketing campaigns. Our intelligent marketing platform includes solutions for retail media, paid search, paid social, and app marketing.
We’ll keep you at the forefront of the digital evolution with data and insights, marketing execution, and measurement tools that work together to drive powerful brand growth.