Q4 2022 Quarterly Trends Report
- How performance marketing channels responded to shifting consumer demands
- How advertisers reached consumers in a challenging economy
- Key performance indicators for the fourth quarter of the year across retail media, paid search, and paid social
- Details on what drove notable trends and changes over time in each advertising channel
Retail media: CPC dipped in Q3 2022 as Walmart changed its auction format, but then rebounded for the holiday season.
Paid social: Video placements within the Facebook app were just one of many segments driving social prices lower.
Paid search: As is typical, CPC dropped from Q3 to Q4 as lower-priced shopping campaigns increased in share.
In this report:
Download the report to learn quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year digital advertising campaign performance trends from Q4 2022. Highlights include:
- Ad volume grew across retail media, search, and social.
- Most advertisers saw lower ad prices.
- Spending increased over Q4 of 2021 in all channels, but lower ad prices yielded lower growth rates than previous quarters.