Learn the latest Instagram Stories creative best practices and more during our webinar on May 30th!
Since launching in 2010, Instagram has established itself as an essential communication channel for marketers everywhere.
A recent research study by Cowen and Company found that 37% of millennials who initially discovered a brand on Instagram ultimately went on to purchase from that brand. From driving brand awareness to app installs, to consideration and conversion – Instagram inspires people to take action.
Skai’s recent Quarterly Trends analysis (see our latest infographic) showed that Skai-powered advertisers have more than doubled their investment in Instagram in Q1 2018, relative to Q1 2017. What’s driving that surge? Reach, engagement, and ROI through Instagram Stories Ads.
Over 300 million people use Instagram Stories every day. One third of those are produced by businesses. Skai has helped hundreds of leading brands and agencies scale Instagram Stories Ads success.
Here are our Top 10 Instagram Stories creative best practices to maximize ad engagement:
- DO take advantage of the full SCREEN, full SOUND and full MOTION capabilities of Instagram Stories Ads to maximize engagement. Seize attention within the first second – include a provocative question or statement, alluring imagery, and captivating audio.
- DO use vertical elements to strengthen your message – leverage the unique, mobile-first orientation of Instagram Stories Ads to make a strong statement.
- DO include text only on the top half of your Instagram Stories Ads – avoid visual conflict with the swipe up call-to-action at the bottom.
- DO give a tutorial – educate your audience about your product or service with a step-by-step guide, then close with a strong call-to-action.
- DO showcase your logo prominently to maximize brand awareness.
- DO use borders and overlays to seamlessly integrate your brand within the native Instagram Stories experience
- DO leverage a creative partner to scale Instagram Stories Ads creative production. Video creator networks (e.g. Vidsy.co, Vidmob, Genero) connect advertisers to copy writers, directors and video editors . Image-to-video solution providers (e.g. Shuttlerock, Olapic, Velocity Made Good) help take static image assets and transform them into Instagram Story mobile-first video assets.
- DON’T overlay non-functional buttons or symbols that resemble clickable elements
- DON’T use backgrounds or imagery that can be misinterpreted & auto-flagged as nudity
- DON’T overlay more than 20% of text on top of any 1 frame of your Instagram Stories Ads (this tool can help)
For more Instagram Stories creative best practices, join us for our webinar on May 30th to learn even more!
For more information on how Skai can help improve your Facebook advertising strategy visit our website or contact us for a demo.