Skai Ecommerce now supports Amazon sellers–giving them access to the leading tools for creating, managing, and optimizing Amazon advertising campaigns at scale–to boost sales and stand out in a crowded marketplace
The Amazon marketplace is hot. While Amazon’s overall ecommerce business was built on products purchased from vendors and sold by Amazon itself, it has grown through the entry of marketplace sellers—the third-party retailers who use the platform to sell their goods alongside Amazon’s own offerings. But success for Amazon sellers depends on a number of factors, including the ability to effectively advertise and catch consumers’ attention.
“Amazon provides an outstanding digital storefront for sellers to leverage, but it’s still up to the seller to present compelling offers and help their products find their niche,” said Oren Stern, Skai’s General Manager of Ecommerce. “Amazon sellers need to find creative ways to differentiate themselves and connect with the right buyers. Winning with pricing alone is no longer an option.”
Staggering growth…and stiff competition
Let’s look at the bigger picture for a moment.
- Amazon drove 44% of all U.S. ecommerce sales in 2017, that’s 4% of total U.S. retail sales, according to One Click Retail.
- In three out of the last four quarters, units sold by third-party sellers have just edged out those sold from Amazon’s own inventory—which means sellers are now driving upwards of 20% of all U.S. e-commerce sales.
- The sellers’ marketplace is estimated to have contributed $135 billion globally to Amazon’s sales last year, based on data from Credit Suisse. They project that number to grow to $259 billion by 2020.
Clearly, millions of would-be sellers recognize the opportunity, but only a fraction of them are generating substantial sales. Effective advertising can be crucial to standing out in the highly competitive Amazon marketplace. Enter Skai Ecommerce.
Powerful advertising capabilities extended to sellers
The Skai Ecommerce solution has already helped Amazon vendors create, manage, and optimize their Amazon advertising campaigns at scale, and starting today this capability is available to Amazon sellers too. This is an enormous development for brands, as well as agencies that manage product advertising for both vendors and sellers, as they can now use Skai Ecommerce across their entire portfolio.
Amplio Digital, a media agency specializing in advertising campaigns for Amazon sellers and vendors, has been using Skai Ecommerce for their vendor clients to great effect. The agency is one of two Skai clients to get early access to the Skai Ecommerce solution for sellers.
“The advanced tools that Skai Ecommerce offers have already allowed us to give our Amazon vendor clients powerful capabilities that aren’t available on the native platform,” said Sean Marder, Director of Amazon Media at Amplio Digital. “To be able to extend this kind of sophisticated campaign management to our seller clients is a huge win—both in terms of the potential results our seller clients will realize, as well as the insight and efficiencies we’ll gain by having a single, high-performance platform through which to run our entire book of business. We’re thrilled with what we’ve been able to accomplish so far.”
Of course, Amazon sellers who manage their own campaigns, as well as brands who operate as both vendors and sellers, can also leverage the Skai Ecommerce solution’s distinct advantages, which include:
- Scale – Save time on the basics of campaign management and make time for strategy with the ability to:
– Advertise and report across brands and campaigns
– Use bulk actions across campaigns
– Schedule actions and customize reports
- Insights – Analyze product performance at a detailed level with straightforward, flexible reporting that will help you make informed decisions based on the products and ads that perform best
- Performance – Drive ROAS and sales with the ability to pace and spend as efficiently as possible through in-depth controls over bids and budgets
- Product-driven view – With comprehensive insights into product eligibility, you can now take action on “ineligible” products in real time, so you never miss another sales opportunity.
If you’d like to learn more about Skai Ecommerce and how it can help you scale your Amazon advertising campaigns, we’re here to help. Contact us to schedule a demo!