See how the right insights will help you maximize sales for the rest of the back-to-school shopping season
Hot on the heels of this year’s wildly successful Amazon Prime Day, which likely gave your online business a serious boost, comes another wave of busy shoppers gearing up for the back-to-school shopping season. What used to be a fairly short surge right before the start of the school year has turned into a much longer and more varied spending spree—spanning categories such as office supplies, shoes, clothing, appliances, electronics, accessories, furniture, and more—with consumers fine-tuning their shopping lists well past the first bell on day one. While many purchases have already made their way into backpacks and dorm rooms, there’s still time to capitalize on the secondary waves of shopping that have yet to take place—if you have the right insights to help guide you. Time for a little last-minute cramming!
Consider the tips below as your very own Amazon advertising cheat sheet for the back-to-school shopping season:
- Know where you rank—When it comes to Amazon’s search results, you need to be at the top of the list. What’s going to help get you there? Data intelligence. You need to know the search terms that were used to find your products and where you rank for each of those terms.
- Boost the basket—While it’s great to think about which of your products individually can meet back-to-school shopping needs, it’s even better to think about which product combinations go together to help raise shopping cart value. A basket analysis will help you do that.
- Win the popularity contest—Peak shopping periods can mean fierce competition. Products with the highest ratings tend to outshine their less popular peers, so put your best foot forward and prioritize your highest rated products.
- Put the pieces together—We know that each unique business measures their performance in their own way. Perhaps you license third-party market share data for your Amazon channel or you have custom metrics in your ERP or e-commerce back end. You need a data integration solution to bring these data sets together.
- Get the big picture—Like a perfectly prepared study sheet, having all of your key data points from all of your primary sources aggregated in one easy-to-read view will help you better understand what’s going on and take action.
For a master class in product-driven Amazon Advertising during the back-to-school season—and year-round—request a free Skai demo.