About The Position
Hi! Thanks for checking out the Data Engineer position!
Who are we?
- Skai helps thousands of the most successful brands in the world reach customers and grow their brands on digital channels. The company offers best-of-breed advertising technology on the most impactful, highest-ROI media channels as well as a suite of data-driven insights, planning and measurement solutions to complement and maximize return from our solutions.
- We’re 700 employees strong and growing every day! ~$7 billion in ad spend being managed on the SkaiTM platform every year, driving hundreds of billions in commerce decisions and sales transactions.
- Established in 2006, we are a thriving organization, with a unique, vibrant startup culture with an incredible track record of success and an amazing future in sight!
- We are hybrid for the long term - with a great home/ office work mix, passionate and diverse team members, and a vibrant company culture.
So what's a Data Engineer at Skai?
- As a Data Engineer you will create new data solutions while supporting and enhancing the existing ones.
- You'll design, develop and implement business requirements into actionable insights that will serve multiple stakeholders in the organization.
- You’ll Manage a data structure & model, which supports and reflects the actual business model
- You'll own and manage multiple BI initiatives and projects both on an ongoing and an ad-hoc basis. Design, build and test end-to-end Data models, Data flows, and data enrichment processes.
- You’ll Become a focal point for all data-related matters in the organization
How do I know if it's the right job for me?
- If you’re experienced as a Data Engineer in a Big Data environment (with 5+ years).
- If you are looking for an opportunity to build insightful data solutions in a rich data environment over big data technologies.
- If you have a passion to create real value from data and communicate it to the different stakeholders.
- If you have Great analysis abilities, energetic and fast learning with a "make it happen" approach.
Join us! we've been looking for you
Other qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science/Information systems-related field is required.
- Scripting capabilities with Python.
- Highly skilled with SQL.
- Experience transforming data into visual insights and building dashboards in a BI platform (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, etc.)
- Experience with Snowflake - big advantage
- Experience with Airflow (or another open-source data pipeline) - a big advantage
- Experience with CI/CD processes in Jenkins - advantage
- Databricks, Kafka, Spark, Ansible, Docker - advantage
If the above description sounds like you but you don’t check every box, feel free to still apply!