Earlier this year, my colleague Rachel Cornell wrote a Skai post on an exciting recent Apple Search Ads innovation called Custom Product Pages.
CPP enables app marketers to create full additional versions of their App Store product page to highlight specific features or content within their app. Marketers can tailor screenshots, promotional text, and app previews for different audience groups with this feature. This increased relevance can lead to higher response and install rates.
Today, we announce our full support of Custom Product Pages. As a result, app marketers will benefit from Skai’s cutting-edge functionality which streamlines workflow and offers insights to drive campaign decision-making.
First, let’s rewind for a moment and explore the value of CPP.
What are Custom Product Pages?
Digital marketers know that search ads work well—whether on traditional search engines like Google, retail search engines like Amazon, or niche search engines like YouTube or the App Store. When targeting ads based on a user’s keywords, marketers can use search ads to reach consumers precisely when they are in research mode.
While the intent behind a search on Google could vary wildly, the additional value of the search ads on the App Store is that intent is pretty straightforward: users are looking for an app to fulfill a need. Because of this focused intent, app marketers can use Custom Product Pages to offer the best and most relevant ad experience to the user with high confidence.
In our previous post, we offered this example to illustrate best how app marketers can use Custom Product Pages:
The main reason why app marketers are going to love ad variations is that they enable them to drive different audiences to the most relevant product page. For example, if you are marketing the app, Garden, you know you have several distinct types of users and would want to highlight the app features in a way that best connects with each type.
- People searching for “plant delivery” may want to see images of the shopping options within the app
- People searching for “virtual gardening” will be most likely be interested to see the virtual garden section of the app
- People searching for “garden tips” might want to see how the app provides suggestions and recommendations for gardeners
By matching your Apple Search Ads targeting with the ad variation that best engages each group, you should be able to drive more installs with the increased relevancy you can generate.
The benefits of using Skai to manage your Custom Product Pages
Skai’s mission is to take the manual work out of mobile marketing so advertisers can devote more time to strategically growing their installs, downloads, and usage while lowering expense metrics like Cost-per-Install and Cost-per-Tap.
For Custom Product Pages, Skai’s App Marketing solution offers added-value functionality to make them easier/faster to manage along with advanced analytics capabilities.
- Reporting: View aggregated CPP reports and trend charts from top-level overviews down to specific granular data points.
- Visual Creatives: View side-by-side creative performance using Cards View to compare creative performance, including all the creative variations
- Bulk Ad Creation: Assign Custom Product Pages with ease to multiple ad groups at once, streamlining actions and simplifying A/B testing.
- Creative History: Access any previous creative versions, preview, and stats, even those not available via the Apple platform
- Attribution: View all of the MMP attribution stats, metrics, and results at the ad level, as well as key ASA data points.
- Play button. Quickly and easily preview your CPP before going live.
When you combine the power of CPP’s relevancy with Skai’s streamlined workflow and insights, app marketers are able to unlock the full value of their Apple Search Ads campaigns.
Custom Product Pages best practices and technical specs
Skai offers these recommendations when using CPPs:
- Apply themed CPPs to the corresponding ad groups (i.e., showcase seasonal or culturally relevant content)
- Take advantage of unique Skai features like the Play Button when previewing CPPs
- Have a well-designed app page in the App Store and Google Play to increase the install conversion by 17-24%*
- Cultivate a test and learn mindset to find the most effective CPPs
Curious about the technical specifications?
- You can create additional versions of your App Store product page on iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 or later
- Once you’ve created a custom product page, you can use its unique URL to share it through your marketing efforts, such as social media advertising or promotional communications.
- You can have up to 35 custom product pages per app published on the App Store at a time.
- Ensure your screenshots and app previews follow the specifications and that all metadata follows the App Store Review Guidelines.
Skai can take your app marketing programs to the next level
As part of Skai’s intelligent marketing platform, our App Marketing solution helps your app stand out among millions in the top stores with Apple Search Ads, Google Universal App Campaigns, and more. Skai leverages an advanced algorithm based on AI and machine learning to ensure your ads reach your target users. Increase installs and user acquisition with streamlined automation, optimization, and reporting.
Client results include:
- 280% increase in installs for DraftKings
- 314% increase in registrations for C-Date
- 20% decrease in cost per acquisition for eToro
- 2x increase in conversions for Epix Now
For more information or to see our cutting-edge functionality firsthand, please reach out and schedule a brief demo.