About The Position
Come and join our Skai North engineering site!
Data is what drives our business here at Skai , and at a very large scale.
Specifically, data engineering plays a complex role in the group and its varied set of technologies. Our high pace adoption will expose you to the hottest cloud technologies and the tools to bring them to production in no time.
You’ll be in charge of developing automation and services in a data-driven company. You'll also administer the most valuable data assets and data pipelines.
We’re looking for a talented developer, with a passion for data, SQL, and the data pipeline world. You’ll be working with the leading technologies in the data domain, such as AirFlow, Kafka, Snowflake, Spark, AWS, MemSQL, and more.
- Work closely with team members and Data Analysts to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
- Ensure all data sources are accurate, congruent and reliable.
- Responsible for the full life-cycle development, implementation, support, architecture and tuning of the Enterprise Data needs, including our data lake, data pipelines and Data Warehouse.
- Work in a modern software environment with continuously deployed and integrated code on our cloud-based infrastructure
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or an equivalent
- 3+ years of with server-side development
- Team player with amazing communication skills
- Strong SQL abilities
- Experience in ELT/ETL development - strong advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level systems language (Java, Scala, Python, etc)
- Experience with relational DBs (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Experience with Airflow, Snowflake, Spark, Kafka - an advantage