We dig into the data to uncover the latest ecommerce channel advertising insights and predict what you can expect in the all-important Q4 holiday season
When we released our Q2 Quarterly Trends Report back in July, you’d be forgiven if you didn’t make it through every last nugget of digital marketing wisdom we shared (including these four key trends). After all, it was prime vacation time and beach reads were calling. But now that summer is winding down and back-to-school season is in full swing, it’s time to get serious.
Most retail marketers are currently getting their ducks in a row for the selling frenzy to come in Q4. With that comes the task of combing through any and all ecommerce channel advertising insights, in the hopes of finding an edge on the competition. Well we’ve done the digging for you and pulled out these key facts.
Key ecommerce channel advertising insights you need to know
- Ecommerce channel advertisers spent almost as much in Q2 2019 as they did during Q4 2018. We expect high spend levels during the Q4 period in any given year. But when spend levels get nearly that high again a mere 2 quarters later, it’s a big deal.
- In terms of year-over-year spending, ecommerce channel advertisers spent 66% more in Q2 2019 vs the same period the year prior.
- Impressions and clicks were also up year over year, at 59% and 57% respectively.
- Ecommerce is dominated by retailers who tend to double down in Q4 for the end-of-the-year holiday shopping season. All signs point to aggressive moves by these big players, so plan accordingly if they’re in your competitive set.
- 2019’s robust Q2 can only mean that a record-breaking Q4 is likely on its way. That prospect is exciting to retailers, no doubt, but it also means that the market will be flooded with offers and the need to differentiate will be greater than ever.
Brands are clearly finding efficiency and value with their investments in ecommerce channel advertising and smart marketers would be well advised to keep the pedal to the metal with spending.
For more ecommerce channel advertising insights, read the free Skai white paper, To Win At Amazon Advertising, You Must Think Like Amazon. And to learn even more about key trends that surfaced in Q2 of this year, check out the Skai Q2 Quarterly Trends Report.